Yes, if you qualify. The Missouri Property Tax Credit program (MO-PTC) gives credit to qualifying senior citizens and 100% disabled individuals for a portion of the real estate taxes or rent they have paid for a year. Visit the Missouri Department of Revenue website for more information.
Mobile Home or Land
If you own a mobile home or own more than 5 acres of land, you will need an Assessor’s Certification Form 948. Please call the Assessor at 636-797-5466 to request this form. For more information about this program you can call the Missouri Department of Revenue at 573-751-3505 or the Mid-East Area on Aging at 800-243-6060.
You may qualify for a refund from the State of Missouri up to $1,100 if:
- You are age 65 on or before December 31, 2010
- You or your spouse are 100% disabled
- You are age 60 or older and receiving surviving spouse social security benefits
- You or your spouse were Missouri residents for the entire calendar year
- Your total household income, including social security benefits, does not exceed $30,000 single individual or $34,000 married homeowners
- You paid real estate taxes or rent on the home or manufactured home you occupied in 2010