Is there tax relief for senior or disabled citizens?

Yes, if you qualify. The Missouri Property Tax Credit program (MO-PTC) gives credit to qualifying senior citizens and 100% disabled individuals for a portion of the real estate taxes or rent they have paid for a year. Visit the Missouri Department of Revenue website for more information.

Mobile Home or Land

If you own a mobile home or own more than 5 acres of land, you will need an Assessor’s Certification Form 948. Please call the Assessor at 636-797-5466 to request this form. For more information about this program you can call the Missouri Department of Revenue at 573-751-3505 or the Mid-East Area on Aging at 800-243-6060.


You may qualify for a refund from the State of Missouri up to $1,100 if:

  •  You are age 65 on or before December 31, 2010
  • You or your spouse are 100% disabled
  • You are age 60 or older and receiving surviving spouse social security benefits
  • You or your spouse were Missouri residents for the entire calendar year
  • Your total household income, including social security benefits, does not exceed $30,000 single individual or $34,000 married homeowners
  • You paid real estate taxes or rent on the home or manufactured home you occupied in 2010

Show All Answers

1. My address has changed; how do I notify the Assessor?
2. How is my real estate value determined?
3. When is my property reassessed?
4. What is market value?
5. What is assessed value?
6. Why would my assessment or taxes increase?
7. Is there an appeal process if I don't agree with the assessment increase?
8. My property has been destroyed; what are my options?
9. Is there tax relief for senior or disabled citizens?