A waiver may be issued for the reasons listed below:
- You have moved to Missouri from another state, and would not have been subject to personal property tax for the previous year.
- You are a current resident, but did not own taxable personal property January 1st of the previous tax year.
- You are a tax exempt organization licensing a vehicle in the organization’s name.
- You are in the military and your home of record is not Missouri.
- This is the first vehicle you have ever owned.
Waiver applications are generated through the County Assessor’s office and can be accessed through their website by clicking on the Property Record Search button.