What Do I Bring To The Recorder to Show I am Ordained?

As long as you have a Letter of Good Standing from an organization licensed in the State of Missouri, you are good to go.  We do not need to see any credentials from you.  The couple will come in and get their license.  They will hand it to you.  Never perform a marriage ceremony for anyone that does not already have the license in hand or if the issue date is more than 30 days.  

Once the marriage has been performed, it will be your responsibility to complete the bottom portion of the license and file it with the issuing Recorder’s office within 15 days of the ceremony.  This office always provides a return envelope, but the couple will not always pass it on to you.  If that is the case, our mailing address is Recorder of Deeds, 729 Maple Street, Hillsboro MO 63050.

Show All Answers

1. What is the Recorder's Office?
2. How Do I Get a Copy of My Marriage License?
3. How Do I Apply for a Marriage License?
4. What are the most common Deeds?
5. What is a Deed of Trust?
6. Will the Recorder of Deeds Office Prepare My Documents?
7. Will the Recorder of Deeds Office Notarize My Documents?
8. What if I have lost my Deed?
9. Which Blank Forms May I Obtain From the Recorders Office?
10. Can I Search Jefferson County Records Online?
11. Does the Recorder of Deeds File Reports with Credit Bureaus?
12. What are the Steps in the Recording Process?
13. Can I make my own Deed(s)?
14. How do I find the deed to my property?
15. What Do I Bring To The Recorder to Show I am Ordained?
16. Can I Record Documents in Jefferson County for Property Located in Other Counties?
17. What fees are charged regarding the documents and services provided by the Recorder of Deeds office?