Solid Waste License

Trash haulers within Jefferson County are required to obtain a Solid Waste License.

The Department of Solid Waste must approve your application before a solid waste license will be issued. For questions of the Department of Solid Waste, call 636-797-5036.


Contact the Department of the County Clerk at 636-797-5039 to have an application mailed to you.

  • Complete the application including a copy of your certificate of insurance.
  • Provide copies of paid tax receipts.
  • Mail the application including a copy of the insurance and the paid tax receipts to:
    County Clerk
    P.O. Box 100
    Hillsboro, MO 63050

Proof of Taxes Paid

Check for proof of taxes paid.

If you do not possess your original paid receipts, you may access the Jefferson County Property Tax Inquiry portal and print the tax payment information; we will accept this as proof of taxes paid. If you are unable to retrieve this information from the Collector’s site, give them a call at 636-797-5406.

Please make checks payable to the County Treasurer.