Applying for Building Permits
The Code Enforcement Department is moving to an online business format and it is our hope that it will bring great convenience in the future. Please bear with us, this is an evolving process. Our customers will be able to visit our office and personally bring in permit documents or be able to continue to email and submit electronically for your convenience.
- Download the application (do not print, the application is fillable)
- Complete the application by typing the information required in all fields.
- Click save to save the application.
- Email the application and all supporting documentation for review to Building Permits .
Do not mail applications and supporting documents they will be refused. A list of supporting documents are below under Permit Application Checklists. All supporting documents should be in PDF format and legible, no photographs of documents can be accepted.
- Once the application is processed we will forward an email to you with the fees that are due, you can pay over the phone by credit card or mail a check to the address below. Once payment is received a team member will email your permit card, supporting documents and a list of instructions.
If you have any questions please reach out to one of our team members at 636-797-5310.
On July 26, 2021 the Jefferson County, Missouri Council adopted Ordinance Number 21-0356 amending the Building Code and adopting a new fee schedule to apply to all building permits. The new fee schedule goes into effect for ALL PERMITS STARTING ON SEPTEMBER 6, 2021.
Mail payments to: (please include permit number on your check)
Jefferson County Code Enforcement
P.O. Box 100 / 725 Maple Street
Hillsboro, MO 63050
- Flood Development Permit Application (PDF)
- Manufactured Home Application (PDF)
- Mechanical Permit Application (PDF)
- On-Site Sewage Treatment System Permit Application (PDF)
- Plumbing Permit Application (PDF)
- Pool Hot Tub Application (PDF)
- Sign Permit Application (PDF)
- Sprinkler Permit Application (PDF)