Codes & Ordinances
In accordance with Section 64.180 RSMo, notice is hereby given that the Jefferson County, Missouri, Council, will conduct three public hearings on May 24, 2021 at 6:30 p.m.; June 14, 2021 at 6:30 p.m.; and June 28, 2021 at 6:30 p.m. in the Assembly Room of the Jefferson County Administration Center, located at 729 Maple Street, Hillsboro, Missouri for the purpose of hearing proposed amendments to the Jefferson County Building Code.
Representatives of the media and interested parties may obtain copies of this notice by contacting the Jefferson County Code Enforcement Division, PO Box 100, Hillsboro, MO, phone 636-797-5310. Interested parties may examine a copy of the amendments to the Jefferson County Building Code at the following locations: Jefferson County Code Enforcement Division, 725 Maple Street, Suite 101, Hillsboro, MO and on-line at www.jeffcomo.org.
Any person requiring special accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act should contact Jefferson County Human Resources at 636-797-5071.
Following is a list of Codes and Ordinances currently in effect for Jefferson County:
- Building Code Amendments - Chapter 500
- Dangerous Building Order - Section 500.320
- Flood Damage Prevention Ordinance - Chapter 405
- On-Site Sewage Treatment Code - Chapter 705
The following Codes have been adopted by Jefferson County:
- International Building Code 2015
- International Energy Conservation Code 2015
- International Fire Code 2015
- International Fuel Gas Code 2015
- International Mechanical Code 2015
- International Plumbing Code 2015
- International Residential Code 2015
- International Swimming Pool and Spa Code 2015
- National Electric Code 2008 (not available online)