Our sale is held once each year at 10 AM on the fourth Monday in August. We have a list of properties that are subject to sale below under Land Sale Documents. They will also be listed in The Countian for 3 consecutive weeks before the sale date.
Highest Bidder Sale
All properties are sold to the highest bidder at the auction, and payment must be made that day by cash, check or Credit Card. If you are the high bidder on a piece of property that is a first or second sale offering, you will be issued a tax lien Certificate of Purchase and must wait a period of one year before you are entitled to a Collector’s Deed. Any property that is purchased on a third offering will be issued a deed within 90 days of the completion of the title search notification.
If you are not a resident of the State of Missouri, you must file an agreement in writing with the collector, consenting to the jurisdiction of the circuit court of Jefferson County and also filing with the collector an appointment of some citizen of this county as agent of said purchaser, and consenting that service of process on such agent shall give such court jurisdiction to try and determine any suit growing out of, or connected with such sale for taxes.
Properties Not Sold
Any property not sold after three consecutive offerings is turned over to the Jefferson County Trustee, and may be purchased from the Trustee at any time.
Before being issued a Collector’s Deed on any property, the purchaser must institute a title search, and notify, by certified mail, any interested party of their right to redeem the property from sale. Failure to make proper, certified notification of all parties and receive your deed within 18 months from the date of the sale will result in a loss of interest in the property.
This is the basic information concerning our annual land sale. If you have any further questions, please give us a call at 636-797-5406.
- Does Jefferson County sell properties which have delinquent taxes due?
- How do I register to bid on tax sale properties?
- How many properties are offered at the Jefferson County sale?
- How do I get a list of properties that will be offered?
- How do I buy tax sale properties?
- When and where is your tax sale held?
- When and where am I required to pay if I am the successful bidder?
- What forms of payment are accepted of the successful bidder?
- Do I become the owner of the property immediately, or is there a waiting period?
- What is a Certificate of Purchase?
- When can the tax sale purchaser take possession of the property?
- What rate of interest do I earn on my investment if the property is redeemed?
- How do I get a Collector’s deed for the property?