Election Authority/Voter Information
Register to Vote
The County Clerk serves as the Election Authority overseeing
the election process for the County
and all its political subdivisions.
The conduct of elections requires many vital functions, among them are:
· Accepting the filings of candidates for County offices and some political subdivisions.
· Compiling the certifications of candidates from political subdivisions.
· Publishing the legal notice of election and computing election costs.
· Finding, appointing and training of all election judges.
· Locating polling locations throughout the County.
· Establishing precinct boundaries.
· Appointing deputy registrars to accept voter registration forms.
· Processing all voter registration forms.
· Maintain a computerized voter registration data base including but not limited to cancellations,
change of address, registrations, deceased, and those convicted of felonies.
· Maintaining all campaign and personal finance reports.